Saturday, November 27, 2010

Survivor: Nicaragua?s Brenda: ?I think my parents would be proud of me?

Survivor1118.jpg Dubbed a puppet master early in the game of Survivor: Nicaragua, 27-year-old Brenda Lowe seemed to be able to do no wrong. Her alliances were working and her tribe mates were eating out her hand. But that changed last night when her alliances imploded and Brenda became the 11th person voted out and third member of the jury. ?I didn?t see it coming and was blindsided on the beach,? Brenda tells In Touch.

All seemed well for Brenda until her tribe mates realized she was a major threat, controlled the game and needed to go. Despite one of her allies, Chase, informing her of the tribe?s decision to eliminate her, Brenda chose not to scramble and hoped Sash might give up his immunity idol to save her. Given that she had already confided a plan to vote out Sash to NaOnka (who?d informed Sash), her plan would not come to fruition.

While Brenda is not happy with last night?s turn of events, leaving the tribe now may have been the best. Last night viewers witnessed one of the craziest Survivor moments in history when, in a desperate attempt to keep their fire alight by covering it in wooden chests, the tribe accidentally decimated half of their camp and destroyed their food supply. With half of the Libertad tribe off enjoying a reward challenge (which included a helicopter ride), the remainder returned to camp to find what was left of it. ?That whole period was the beginning of the end for me,? reveals Brenda. ?The only thing I wanted on Survivor was a reward with a helicopter. I dated a guy who flew them and never went on one. I missed out on the reward, come back to camp to find it burned down? are you kidding me? God what?s next? I have to clean this up? It was just too much. People wanted me gone; I had to clean up a fire I didn?t start. It was a lot that day, I had to laugh it off.?

Brenda also admits one mistake she made was not keeping her eyes open during the individual immunity challenge that involved balancing on a rope. ?That challenge was so, so hard. I closed my eyes and if I hadn?t I would have seen you could have used your hips to balance. I got all Zen, closed my eyes and after watching it last night I was like, crap! You can use your hips??

Overall, Brenda is happy with the game she played and has no regrets. ?I was a competitor and I enjoyed the game,? she laughs. ?I gave it my all and didn?t hold back. I think my parents would be proud of me in that I didn?t just sit there. I wasn?t a little princess and I worked for it in every way.?

For more with Brenda, click here.

Mýa Mary Elizabeth Winstead Adrianne Curry Kristanna Loken Diora Baird

No comments:

Post a Comment